Translate

Monday, July 7, 2014

Prayer for Children

Oh God, make me a better parent. Help me to understand my children, to listen patiently to what they have to say, and to answer all their questions wisely and kindly. Keep me from criticizing them so that they can learn from their strengths and weaknesses. Keep me from making all decisions so that they can learn to solve problems. Keep me from interfering so that they can develop responsibility.

Yet, help me to have the courage to refuse giving in to what will harm them. Help me to appreciate my children as they are, not as I would have them to be. When I grow discouraged, remind me that my child is Your child also. You abide in us always- sheltering us in Your care, surrounding us with Your goodness, and enfolding us in Your love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews